Faster, higher, stronger isn’t just for athletes. Sport engineers are also looking for any edge their designs can give to competitors.
For professional athletes, any advantage over their opponents helps. For Dylan Alcott, a Paralympic champion in basketball and tennis and the winner of six Grand Slam titles in tennis, that advantage is a custom-designed wheelchair.
Alcott’s wheelchair has been designed by Australian Institute of Sport (AIS) Senior Sport Engineer Matt Crawford, who has been working with Alcott and another athlete, Heath Davidson, on their wheelchair designs since before the paid claimed gold at the 2016 Rio de Janeiro Paralympics.
Take part in our
Augmented Reality Paralympic
Discover the inspiring story of Dylan Alcott – Australian Paralympic champion and well-known presenter, together with his custom wheelchair developed by Matthew Crawford from the AIS, through our interactive AR experience.
Download the app to access content, including:
- Manoeuvre Dylan’s chair through an augmented reality course you create in the game.
- Play our wheelchair tennis game (aka wheelchair-pong).
- Watch the full interview with Dylan and Matthew.
- Read their inspiring story from our Create magazine.
Search ‘100 Years EA’ on the IOS or Android App Store
How to use the
100 Years EA App
- Search 100 Years EA on the IOS or Android App Store and download for your device.
- Place this postcard on a flat surface with even lighting.
- Open 100 Years EA app on your device.
- Once the camera feed is displaying searching, align image to camera to initiate experience.